Friday 15 June 2012

Ideas & Chosen Song

These are the music videos that we have been researching based on 'Pop' genre:
After researching on different songs of Pop music, we ended up with two songs which are called 'Finish Line' and 'On My Own'. They are both sung by Yasmin and it lasts about three minutes long. Both of these songs are not very popular which means that it is less competition for my group with other people who want to re-make the music video. It will be easier for our group to complete our music video on time because the song is not that long and we can cut some of the parts.
Yasmin - Finish Line

Yasmin - On My Own



Conclusion:
In the end, my group and I decided to do 'On My Own' song because the tempo is upbeat which is what everyone likes. The song lasts about three minutes and 56 seconds so we are planning to cut the end bit off of to make it shorter and it would be easier for us to complete the whole video on time. Moreover, it would be easier for us to do this song because we already have some ideas in our minds that we might include for our project.

This is the lyrics of Yasmin - On My Own:




 

We have looked at the lyrics to analyse so it would give us more ideas of what we could base the music video on. My group are thinking of performance and narrative based is the best choice for the music video as we could show the actor singing in some parts and also a storyline behind the song. This would make our music video interesting as it is not just the female singing throughout the video. The lyrics ''Although the road is frightening, I'm gonna make it on my own'' portrays that we could have the female by herself and not having anyone on her side which shows that she is going to achieve the upcoming trials and proves to everyone that they are wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment